We are college sophomore students taking up Mass Communication at St. Scholastica's College - Manila. Composed of five pretty teenyboppers namely, Laiza, Mars, Yin, NiƱa, and Lloyd.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cinemalaya expeience



I've always seen Cinemalaya in televisions and newspapers but I never thought that attending the event would be so fun. It was my first time to witness this kind of event, and yes, I can say that it is pretty amazing and memorable. First because it was my first time to enter CCP building. I've only seen the structure outside and I was happy to see what's inside it. There's a museum, a library, a theater and a lot more inside. The place is very educational. Second, during the event, I saw many actors and actresses, including film makers and producers. As a masscom student, I believe that it is important to be present in this kind of event, knowing that we will learn a lot from it. Third, the movies in Cinemalaya served as an eye-opener for us students not just because we've seen how great our independent film makers are, but also because it opened our eyes to reality. Cinemalaya movies gave us an idea on what is happening around us, and it gave us knowledge that there is more about what we've seen and what we are currently seeing in our country.

The movie I've seen is Ligo na U, Lapit na Me by Erick Salud. After watching the movie, I came to the realization that our very own movies are also great, but I'm not saying all of our movies (laughs). It is not my first time to see a Cinemalaya movie because I've seen some before. But this time, I was shocked. Some scenes are not good for the children. But I think, that's the reason why it is called cineMALAYA. Meaning, the directors are free to do what they want, and to show what they think is good for their film even though it will include nudity.

As an overall experience, I can say that I had a blast. I know that someday, I can use the insights I've learned from Cinemalaya. Aside from learning, I also had fun and I must say that I am super willing to attend this event again next time even though it will no longer be required.

Here are some of our pictures. Credits to the owners of the photos.

With the actors from the movie Cuchera.

- Nina :)


No comments:

Post a Comment