We are college sophomore students taking up Mass Communication at St. Scholastica's College - Manila. Composed of five pretty teenyboppers namely, Laiza, Mars, Yin, NiƱa, and Lloyd.

Monday, September 26, 2011

ManilArt 2011


ManilArt 2011 is an International art fair held last august 24-27 at NBC tent Bonifacio Global city, Taguig. Me and my friends went there on the last day so we thought that more people will come since it will be their last chance to witness this one of a kind event. But luckily, there are few people. I think because of the weather that day.
Anyway, it is my first time to attend an art fair since i’m not really into it. Honestly speaking, I don’t appreciate paintings and stuffs, I don’t know why, but really. And because this is an art fair, i thought that maybe this time I will be able to appreciate art more. And in a way, yes, I did. 

one of the paintings that I liked best. :)

When we first entered the venue, I thought it was boring. I see people around me taking pictures, looking amazed at different artworks and I said to myself what’s with them. What first caught my attention is the art with sanitary napkins on it. I don’t get it. What’s the purpose of the napkin in the artwork, some even with stains of blood (not real blood though). And I guess thats the whole point of attending events like this- trying to look at someone else’s point of view and opinion.  Or maybe even trying to understand  the way people around us think and imagine. As we walk along, I’ve seen strange and weird paintings. I don’t know what inspired the artists to do them, but i know its their way of expression. 

One painting I liked best is the cow, painted like a bag. 

   
 
I liked it because I think I know what inspired the artist to do it. For me, this painting tells us that we should care for the animals around us because like us, they have too, their purpose here on earth. They do their part in the ecosystem. We shouldn’t just kill them to have bags, shoes, wallets and so on made from their skin.
If I were to be asked to write a story about this painting, my story would be revolving around animals and their feelings. In my story, I would emphasize the animal’s rights. Not because they cant speak doesn’t mean we are superior to them. Well, in a way yes. But we should also respect them and treat them right before they are all gone. We don’t want to live in a world without animals, do we?
If I will be given again a free ticket to this event, I wont hesitate to come. And I know, I will look forward to seeing more creative and fantastic artworks. 



 Credits to Eliza Luces for all the photos.
NINA :)


No comments:

Post a Comment