We are college sophomore students taking up Mass Communication at St. Scholastica's College - Manila. Composed of five pretty teenyboppers namely, Laiza, Mars, Yin, NiƱa, and Lloyd.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Two thumbs up for ManilArt! \m/


Mesmerized I was when I saw the paitings in ManilArt. Personally, I really don't have passion for paintings BEFORE but when I saw those paintings and pictures, I was like "wow! ano to?". Yep. That's right. Most of them, I really don't know what exactly I was looking at. But I kind of felt something that "Ay, gusto ko to kahit di ko gets" It's like there was magic or spell or something on the paintings. Somewhat O.A right? but I don't know I just want to share the feeling that I felt when I saw those paintings. 

I really cannot deny the fact that even though I don't have passion for paintings, I enjoyed A LOT. Not only because of the paintings, but also because of the travel and the bondings we've had while going to ManilArt. It was such an adventure. By the way, I was with my very close friend in St. Scho and we had so much fun while roaming around the exhibit and there she is! 

Tadaaa! And we kinda love this pic, though. ♥

Meet my close friend, BERNICE LAUDATO. But you can call her, Barney. :)

 Okay, so going back, I would like to share the most striking art that I saw in the exhibit and it was the Human Art. They kinda use people's body to make an art? I don't know. That's what I saw on the television on the said exhibit. It was so gory. Sooooo gory.

The Human Art.
After attending ManilArt, there is this very one thing that I've realized about Art. 

That art isn't about the appreciation that an artist will get from making his/her art. Rather, art is about expressing yourself freely no matter what others will think about you and your art. But of course there are certain grounds on where you have to consider and I think one of the most important thing that an artist must consider is Respect. Respect is very important not only for the artists, but also to all people. Art also reflects our personality and the inner quality of a person. Also, for me, it is through art that we are able to release our feelings and opinions about certain things. 

XoXo, Mars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment