We are college sophomore students taking up Mass Communication at St. Scholastica's College - Manila. Composed of five pretty teenyboppers namely, Laiza, Mars, Yin, NiƱa, and Lloyd.

Monday, September 26, 2011

TV show


Another requirement for our major class is the visit to tv shows. So we grabbed the chance to go to ABS-CBN, GMA and TV5. I never thought that making reservations for tv shows was difficult. It’ll need time so you have to do the reservation in advance.
 And since I was able to enter ABS and GMA, I can now compare which is better.  For me, ABS-CBN is absolutely better than GMA. Not that I am being bias, but really. I watched Happy Yipee Yehey and Party Pilipinas, and I can tell that GMA sucks. First is because of their system. They don’t have event marshal unlike in ABS-CBN that their security is different from the marshals. Everything is not organized and they don’t have designated waiting area for the audience. We’ve waited for 3 hours OUTSIDE their gate on a very sunny day, without chairs so we have to stand up the whole time unless we want to sit on the ground. And because they don’t have marshal, the security has to do the things the marshals are supposed to do. From the gate, they have to call our names, without any microphone or speaker, and they’ll bring us inside and go back to the gate to do the same for the rest of the audience (super bulok na sistema ). Upon entering, I thought we could already sit, but I was wrong. We again waited OUTSIDE the studio while standing under the bright sun. 

After waiting for so long, we finally got in the studio. Another reason to hate GMA? Cameras are not allowed inside! How the hell are we gonna document the show? No choice. We have to use our cellphones to take pictures inside. The smell inside was killing me. I have asthma and it smells like varnish inside. Oh how I hate GMA ( sorry sa mga kapuso ). Before the shows starts, many people were still entering the studio even though it is already full. They don’t have chairs anymore so they have to stand up,  on the side behind the cameras,  the whole time (see how their system sucks! Why let people in when the studio can’t accommodate them anymore? ).
The productions are boring. I found myself falling to sleep because I wasn’t enjoying the show. The floor manager asks us to clap and shout but we didn’t. There’s nothing to clap at, nothing great is going on. She got pissed  (LOL). Why clap for something you don’t like? I’m not being harsh. It’s just that I don’t appreciate what they’re doing. The only thing that’s great was their effects, nothing else.
They are not prepared, I can tell because it’s obvious. They are out of tune during the rehearsals, their dance numbers are not choreographed well. Maybe it is, but they’re not doing it well. I don’t know why do the people love them so much, specially the die-hard fans. They run after the cars just to see the artists? Come on. Anyway, I can’t do anything about that. It’s their life, they chose to live it that way.
If you are on the live set, you can tell that the studio is small. When you see it on TV, it’s big. What’s making it big? The place where the camera is located and the angle. On the live set, the lights are too bright! The colors aren’t nice, and you won’t like to look at it. But on TV, it is great. It works well for the cameras only. EVERYTHING is better on TV. Even the sounds. On live, it is distorted. It’s noise not music. When you watch it on TV, you’ll think that the audience are clapping and shouting, but no. The clapping and shouting sound is just recorded. 



So if I were to be asked, I would still choose TV over radio. But of course, not on GMA. ABS-CBN is FAR better than GMA. I would like to work on TV because it is fun. Even though you are just part of the research team, it is still fun because you’ll get to visit many places. I don’t care about the hours because you won’t notice it when you are enjoying what you are doing. Go MASSCOM!

 Credits to Mars Orellana for the photos.
NINA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment